Why is our car insurance so important? Well, it’s a fact of life: you have to buy car insurance. You’re breaking the law if you don’t, so the question is, how can you buy it for less?
It doesn’t matter if you’re insuring a Lexus or just need a policy for your beater, below are some options for saving a few bucks.
- Check with professional associations. Maybe you’re an AAA member or an AARP member, or even a Farm Bureau member. Maybe you belong to a small business association, or an alumni organization. Just like reserving a hotel room and discovering they have an AAA discount, check with us to see if you qualify for discounts.
- Take a defensive driving course. You’ll get a discount if you can prove you took a defensive driving or drivers training course. Insurance companies want you to drive defensively, not offensively.
- Encourage your kids to do well in school. If your children get better than a 3.0 GPA, and they’re driving age, make sure to report their scholastic achievements to us. With a copy of a grade report, we can submit it to your insurance carrier, for discounts on your auto insurance.
- Are you eligible for a low-mileage discount? Do you work from home, do you drive a minimal amount of miles to work each day? If you drive 7,500 miles or less per year, you’ll likely spend less when your policy payment is due.
- Pay up front. Instead of paying in installments, you will most likely save by paying the premium for your policy in full.
- Stay loyal. It’s best to not skip around on insurance. Staying with a company for several years = a loyal client is considered a lower risk than a new client.
- Combine insurance. Please make sure you’re taking advantage of other insurance services offered, in order to improve loyalty and achieve the lowest rate possible across the board. Consolidate! Guess what…other policies we can help you with:
- Umbrella Insurance
- Farm Insurance
- Life and Health Insurance
- Disability & Long Term Care Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Home/Renters Insurance
Give us a call today (614-834-6624). We’d love to speak with you. Please remember, the greatest compliment that we could receive is a referral to your family & friends.