Reasons to Review Your Business Insurance Coverage
When was the last time you reviewed your business insurance policy with your insurance agent? If you can’t remember, then it’s time to make an appointment with your agent to go over your coverage.
You invested time and money into your business, protecting your investment can be a worry for a business owner. Business Insurance will help to ensure you are protected in the event of an accident, disaster, disruption of business or emergency.
Some things to think about when determining if your business is insured properly:
- Have you recently created a new company or changed the business entity?
- Have you changed or expect to change your operations or the services you offer? Maybe you have expanded to another state.
- Have you purchased, leased, built or altered buildings at an existing or new location?
- Have you added construction equipment or used borrowed equipment? (A very common practice with contractors)
- Has your payroll or sale increased or decreased?
- Have you changed the amount or use of subcontractors?
- Purchased or leased any vehicles?
- Added any drivers to the insured vehicles?
If your policy information is not correct or missing, it can lead to coverage issues at claim time. If you have answered yes to any of these questions, it’s time to talk to your agent about your coverage. Please give us a call 614-834-6624.